Pages

March 11, 2011

2 More Weeks

I have today off (a Friday) because they don't want people working at the Emergency Center more than 4 days at a time for fear that people will get too stressed (I think?). Anyway I am using it to start to prepare to leave. We have decided that we will leave at the end of the month and begin our travelling of the South Island while its still warm-ish. After sleeping in, I got up and started clearing out all the papers and other oddities we have collected (hoarded) since September that I know we won't be needing. Receipts, brochures, envelopes from mail we've gotten, and about 30 copies of our resumes that we printed out when we first got here and used one of each. So that has lightened the load a little bit.

Now I'm sitting at my desk, partially watching the live stats of the Babson lacrosse game (yes, I can say has been) and planning our trip. We'll go straight west and see the Glaciers (Fox and Franz Josef) and then slowly head to Queenstown, Wanaka, Milford Sound and then to Stewart Island for Easter Weekend. From there who knows! We'd like to end up in Nelson for a while before we go up north for the World Cup. It's the warmest place on the South Island and it sees the most sun in New Zealand! That's all we needed to hear!

Tomorrow we're off to Hokitika (tika like tick tock, not like tiki bar) to the Wild Food Festival to try some strange and probably disgusting things. Some of the foods on the list are Grasshoppers, Cow's Udder, Huhu Grubs, and Horse Semen. There are things that actually sound good though like lamb, goats cheese (goats milkshake I'm not so sure..), venison and whitebate. I'll be sure to take lots of photos and let you know what was tasty and what did not taste just like chicken.

I'll make up for no photo today by posting extra of the food festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment