Pages

July 24, 2011

Mouse Hunt

It's been a good week at the chalets. Luke and I went for a walk the other day in the afternoon just to get out of the house. Having been in this small town for a few months now we have pretty much maxed all the things we can do in the area (for free). I took Luke down the path to the beach that I usually run down. It was nice to be able to bring my camera down and capture the beautiful view that suddenly comes out of nowhere as I run towards the beach.

Then yesterday we found the culprit for many a missing snack. We had a bar of white chocolate a few weeks ago that I left out on the counter and we have spent many a days wondering where I could have put it. Yesterday we came back into the kitchen after eating dinner to clean up and could not find where the other half of our exorbitantly priced tomato could have gone. I thought maybe it fell behind the fridge so I peaked behind it just in time to see Gus Gus waddle underneath the fridge!

Nobody steals my chocolate. So even though I felt really guilty doing it I assisted Luke in putting some of my sacred Jif peanut butter on a mouse trap and laying near his exit from behind the fridge. This morning the trap had gone off and there was no mouse inside of it! Not only that, but a piece of the wrapper from our long missing white chocolate bar was on the floor in the kitchen. He's taunting us...





The path that runs along the beach, Mapua/Ruby Bay



Saw some sheep and lambs!! along our walk


Trying to catch the chocolate thief!

No comments:

Post a Comment