Pages

July 14, 2011

Rain rain go away!

The rain has been relentless! It has rained for almost an entire week. Lightening has lit up the sky and the sound of the rain against the roof has woken us up almost every night. Some mornings when we wake up it’s sunny with blue skies so we have excitedly started to do some work outside. It doesn’t take long for the world’s fastest moving clouds to come loom over us. We usually make it back inside just in time to save us from getting soaking wet.

Although I would much prefer the bright warm sunny Nelson to the raining cold Nelson, we have had a chance to do a lot of the indoor jobs that have been left for us. We have sanded, stained and painted as well as cleaned up around the house. It has also given me the chance to relax and read most afternoons by the fire! I also finally got my newly ordered sneakers that I have been excited about for two weeks. I was not about to let the rain stop me from using the sneakers I have waited so long for, so I wore them in on their first run with a bit of mud. So much for trying to keep them white for as long as I could!

Today we took advantage of the rain and finally bought all of our camping gear for the North Island! We managed to get two camping chairs, an air bed and pump, 2 fleece blankets to line our sleeping bags, a camping stove with butane cans and two board games (for the price of one!). Overall a very successful afternoon.


A usually clear view looking very cloudy recently!


Nice warm fire!

My brand new sneakers looking a bit less new.


1 comment: