Pages

September 13, 2011

And we're back

Sorry about the hiatus! We have been out in the Marlborough Sounds all week – no internet, no cell phone service, no cars and tv only for the World Cup! It was bliss. The location is similar to the first place we wwoofed, but further out into the sounds. It is called the Lazy Fish Retreat. I would show you the photos of the beautiful views we had from the couch, the bright colored flowers all over the property, us fishing off of the jetty, kayaking in the bay and hiking around the sounds...but I dropped my camera when I got off the boat on our LAST DAY HERE. Soooo, obviously I don’t have any of those photos. Bummer.

Ok, now that I’ve had that pity party, it really was an incredible last week of wwoofing. The work was light, if you could even call it work. We spent about 2-4 hours a day doing painting, light weeding and cleaning then spent the rest of the day eating home baking, relaxing in the spa pool, and watching the Rugby World Cup – USA scored a try against Ireland woohoo! World Cup finals here we come! Ok, definitely probably not. Watching the games has got us so excited for the North Island and seeing some of the matches live and even just being around all the buzz is going to be an incredible experience.

Until then we are spending out first week camping in our car! Have I mentioned that yet? Oh yea, we’re camping in our car for the remainder of our time in New Zealand bar a few nights when we will be in Auckland. We got an air bed, a camping stove, an electric kettle, pots and pans, forks, knives, spoons, cups plates, sleeping bags and camping chairs. All we need now are coozies. We even got curtains for the car! They fell down on the first try, but they are now securely fastened in with safety pins. I will do my best to post when I can, probably once a week. I will be sure to buy a new camera in the next day or so because I can’t live in a car and not document it (for proof it actually happened mostly). Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment