- Jumping out of a plane
- Walking on a Glacier
- Flying over Queenstown on a hang-glider
- Experiencing more earthquakes than I ever really needed
- Hiking through 5 National Parks
- Seeing dolphins, whales, penguins and seals in their natural habitat
- Touring breweries, wineries and drinking in just a few pubs
We've had a nice celebratory weekend not only to commemorate our year in New Zealand, but also to say goodbye to the Nelson/Mapua area that we are leaving tomorrow. On Thursday, Luke coached his team for the last time and to thank him they gave him a gift certificate to a local restaurant, Wharfside. We decided to split it up and use it for two meals, a lovely Eggs Benedict breakfast one day and a full on lunch then next. To top off our last day here, the Price's took us to Woollaston Winery for a wine tasting and some lunch.
It's always a little bit sad (at least for me) to leave somewhere that you have spent an extended period of time. For almost four months we have called Mapua home, so to be leaving now, though it is exciting to be moving onto new adventures, is a little bit sad. The things we will miss most about this area are the incredibly kind people and the incredibly beautiful weather!
Bye Bye Mapua!