Pages

January 18, 2012

Finding My Love for Sydney

Last week Luke and I decided to take the afternoon off from job searching and reward our lack of job finding with a day at the Botanic Gardens. It was a beautiful day as most days have been this summer so we walked into the city and over to the eastern side of the harbor. It was nice to enjoy seeing and smelling all of the flowers in bloom so when we got to the rose garden we decide to sit down and soak in the sun for a little while. As soon as I sat down I felt a horribly sharp pain in my wrist. It quickly felt itchy, got red and swelled slightly. Obviously, I panicked and scratched and whined about it for about 10 minutes until the pain finally went away and I completely forgot about it.






I always wonder how those tiny little stings can cause so much pain....


After we got up and I stopped being a drama queen (for the moment), we carried on walking through the gardens until we got to the edge of the park overlooking the harbor. This view never ceases to amaze me. It reminds me that although I don't always love Sydney, it is a beautifully magical place. The sun was sparkling off of the water and against the blue skies the arches of the opera house are spectacular. We sat and enjoyed the view for quite a while before walking back through the park and over to the steps of the opera house. It was the first time I have seen it up close and it did not disappoint. It is nearly as incredible 2 feet away as it is 2 miles away. Seems Sydney's not so bad after all.







1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHH I want to be down there with you!! I still cannot believe how far away you are. LITERALLY THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EARTH! I miss you, boo! Hope you're having so much fun though!!!

    ReplyDelete