Pages

March 25, 2012

My obsession with the Harbour Bridge

I don't know what it is about this bridge, but it seriously gets be EVERY time. I went for my usual extended run yesterday and finally remembered to drag my camera along so that I could add to my already growing portfolio of photos of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

The Opera House, I could take it or leave it. Darling Harbor is nice, but there are a lot of tourists. But when I turn the corner and the top of this bridge sticks its head out over a building and catches my eye, my heart beats a little bit faster. I am reminded once again that I am in Sydney and I fall in love a little bit more.


It helps that yesterday was an exceptionally beautiful day, but this is seriously my favorite spot in the whole city. I love running around the corner and suddenly there she is! When I discovered this path that goes under the bridge it was like I had found a treasure. Just standing here so small underneath this bridge makes me feel like a little kid at Disney World for the first time.



Oh yea, there's that other monument too. Of course it is made much cooler when the bridge is in the forefront.



It just doesn't get old...



No comments:

Post a Comment