Pages

March 31, 2012

Darling Harbor

The smell of Sunblock, the screaming children on the playground, and the beautiful backdrop of the city's skyline. I have a love/hate relationship with Darling Harbor. It is always teaming with tourists and it is a major part of my commute to and from work. These two things do not mix well, but once I remind myself that I AM a tourist, I don't get as angry at the woman with her stroller and 6 rugrats that run into me whilst walking.




The Harbor has everything a tourist could need in one place: Starbucks, McDonalds, IMAX, Hard Rock Cafe, and a giant children's play area. Not to mention the huge amount of other cafe's and restaurants that crowd the waters edge. This makes it not only a hot spot for tourists, but a great place to grab an after work drink (it also happens to be the home of the one and only King St Brewhouse) So on a Saturday night as the tourists drag their tired kids off to the hotel, locals come out in droves for bars like Cargo and Bungalow 8.





And its all just a two minute walk from my apartment building. Not a bad place to call my backyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment