Pages

August 18, 2011

Yay Day!

Today was a good day for several reasons. The most important being that it was the first day in over a week that we didn't have to cut anymore wood!! As enjoyable as it was the first and most of the second day, after the fifth day I was tired of smelling like pine and having logs fall on my toes. We did however take a step back from our work yesterday with satisfaction as we saw the dozen or so piles of wood stacked up about as high as I am (maybe not much for a person, but a lot for wood). I will add a photo tomorrow when I am less lazy and actually take one!

It was also a great day because the sun was shining and keeping us nice and warm. Lucky for us, the cold streak we were having seems to be over and the forecast calls for sun, sun and sun. We were back in tshirts while we worked today and I seem to be getting less and less pale. It must be coming to spring soon!

I also remembered today that I was in New Zealand. Sometimes it's all too easy to forgetLinkwhere I am and take it all for granted. I went for my usual run along the beach path and looked up. The sun was shining down on the ocean, the port of Nelson was in view, and a bellbird stood in my path singing me a lovely song. It was then that it hit me: I am running by the beach in the middle of winter and I'm sweating.

Oh also, this is still my view every single day. Life's pretty good.



No comments:

Post a Comment